Our goal with the Sterling Pup Club is to get to know our future patients before they need treatment. With fun games, contests and activities, the Pup Club teaches kids that the orthodontist is a positive place to visit and lessens any anxiety about future treatment. The Pup Club encourages our kids to explore the practice, get to know our staff and explore orthodontic treatment. By enrolling your child in the Pup Club, the transition into treatment will be seamless and stress-free.
- The Pup Club is designed to get your child comfortable with our practice, our staff and the work that we do here at Sterling Orthodontics.
- Enrolling in the Pup Club and visiting our office allows our staff to monitor your child’s teeth and jaw, in case early intervention is needed.
- Our goal with the Pup Club is that your little one be excited about visiting our office and comfortable when it is time to start treatment.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends visiting an orthodontist by age seven. At this age, most children have a mix of baby and adult teeth and this combination is ideal for the orthodontist to diagnose potential problems with tooth and jaw alignment. There are benefits to early treatment when it is suggested. Early treatment helps prevent the need for more invasive surgery later in life. It can correct and guide the growth of the child’s jaw, regulate the width of the arches, create more space for crowded teeth and promote proper tooth alignment.
- Phase One treatment is an early intervention treatment plan, which corrects jaw alignment problems like overbite, underbite and crossbite.
- By correcting a bite issue, the adult teeth will be given the space that they need to grow into a better position than without Phase One treatment.
- Phase One treatment plans usually require a Phase Two component, which fine tunes the alignment of the teeth.
Orthodontic treatment is a rite of passage for most teenagers. Selecting treatment during this time allows the orthodontist to work with the natural growth spurts of puberty to illicit amazing results. The teenage body is already changing at a rapid rate. An orthodontist can apply the right tools to guide the growth of the jaw and to promote proper tooth alignment.
- The teenage years are an ideal time for orthodontic treatment because we can work with the natural growth rate of the teenage body to accomplish great results.
- Most orthodontic conditions are easier to treat while the body is still growing.
- The teen years are also the ideal time for treatment of most conditions because all of the adult teeth have come into the mouth and are ready for adjustment.
Orthodontic treatment for adults is a trend that is here to stay. Many adults return to the orthodontist to renew their smile and many visit one for the first time to correct alignment or jaw issues that have bothered them since youth. Visiting an orthodontist as an adult can also have health benefits as your teeth are easier to maintain and correct alignment puts less strain on the jaw. Whatever your personal reason may be, we want you to feel confident every time you smile. If you are concerned about wearing traditional metal braces, we proudly offer clear braces and Invisalign as treatment options that are virtually invisible!
- Orthodontic treatment later in life can greatly improve your self image and self esteem.
- Improving the alignment of your teeth can also protect the health of your gums and prevent bone loss.
- Orthodontic treatment can help with medical conditions like TMJ, headaches and joint pain in the jaw.
- Adults select orthodontic treatment to protect their teeth from abnormal wear and tooth decay.
At our practice, the latest technology is part of the job. From our virtual appointments to our Smile Simulator, we stay at the cusp of the tools of our trade. We have installed HEPA/UV air filters to ensure the air you breath during your visit is surgically clean. All of our instruments follow the strictest sanitation guidelines and are subject to ultraviolet sanitation to ensure there is no cross contamination. Our 3D x-ray machine and 3D scanner are state of the art technology that allow us to create a clear picture of your teeth and jaw.
Our state of the art 3D x-ray machine captures an image of the alignment of your teeth for our doctors to review. Our doctors are looking at the teeth that you see in the mirror, as well as the roots of your teeth, as they prescribe a treatment plan. Our doctors will often review your 3D x-ray images with your dentist in case there is any health history information to consider as we plan your treatment.
Our Smile Simulator scanning tool allows our team to capture an impression of your teeth and jaw without the discomfort of traditional impressions. The scanner tool also allows our doctors to show you what your future smile will look like after treatment is completed.
Sprint Ray 3D printer
Our state Sprint Ray 3D printer allows us to take information from our digital orthodontic tools and create custom made retainers and appliances on site. The valuable piece of technology saves our patients time and money as we are not reliant on a third party to create retainers or appliances.